Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Overwhelmed

I've been trying to organize myself like I used to in college. I'm not so good at it anymore. I made a wonderful to do list. It became the joke of the day. I was lucky to get one thing done on my devil list. The sad thing is that I was stuck doing things all day. I had new things for the list that never made it's way on the list. For example, my coworker called me and asked if I would compile a word document about improvements and procedures for our learning lab at school. That took about an hour. Next, I had to help with the hunt of the century for some financial paperwork that my dad could not find, but conveniently has to do with me. I also had to work on my grad application for Lewis because it's getting to the time sensitive season of summer.
I always get panicky around this time of the year. I always feel like if I don't get everything done then the world will crumble around me and things might not work out the way that I've planned. I know it comes with the territory of being a teacher and going to school, but I really need to learn how to deal with it in a better way.
Despite my lack of success with to do lists, I'm going to continue using them, because I don't know how to be organized without them. Ok, I should probably get off of this thing and get to my to do list.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, seriously! Your fb status has been talking about your to-do list for days...maybe even a week now?

    I'm a list maker, too. And people that aren't totally don't get it. I make one list after another, mainly so that I don't forget things.

    Good luck with the list today. See ya tonight!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete