Monday, September 7, 2009

The New Job

I'm going into my third week of teaching and the past two have not been that bad. I am working way over 40 hours a week, but if it's what I need to do then it's what I need to do. I am getting much quicker with my lesson planning. The grading is not a big deal, my aid helps me out with that a lot. Overall, my kids are doing well. Most of the kids are doing well academically and behaviorally. This year is very different from last year, my kids are better behaved, at least for now. It's still in the honeymoon phase.
My coworker asks me everyday, "what is one good thing that happened today?" I have yet to find a day where there was not a good thing that happened. I'm really grateful to this coworker because she was assigned as my mentor and has been a tremendous help. She is always willing to give me advice.
I'm still getting acquainted with everything, but will keep you updated.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that things are going well, Hun!!! I miss you. I hope you're still in for book club next week. Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete